Some updates from the past week...
Last week, we became covenant members of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh. While it may seem quick, it was definitely not a decision we took lightly. Prior to moving to NC, our Sunday School class at FMBC was studying what scripture says about what the church should look like. (It's a very interesting study to say the least.) When we moved here, we knew what we were looking for in a church and as soon as we visited IDC, we knew we had found it. We have been super encouraged by what the Lord is doing at Imago Dei. From worship, to reading scripture aloud, to growth groups, even to becoming members, everything has been Christ-centered and focused on the gospel. That is a pretty neat thing to find.
On Friday, I had an interview at a school about 20 minutes away (way better than 40 minutes like my last interview)! The principal, asst. principal, and two teachers interviewed me and they may have a 3rd grade and a K teacher position open. I felt really good about it and I definitely felt more comfortable at this one than the last one. I was the first of their interviews so they won't know anything until the end of the month. But I'm hopeful about it and praying that I will get a position out of it because I really loved the school!
On Saturday, the church had a covenant members cookout at the lake. Seth and I hung out with a family from our growth group and Seth swam with the three boys in the lake. We had a blast and it was a huge blessing to us! Yesterday, I met up with a new friend at the park and was really encouraged by our conversation. We spent our time getting to know each other better and sharing some struggles we've both been having. (Some background information: When I became a Christian, I had a wonderful, Godly woman mentor me and a best friend who did life and ministry with me. When I moved to college, I looked and prayed for those kinds of relationships but they really didn't happen. I had a few people come in and out of my life who fulfilled those roles for a short period of time, but nothing really lasting and definitely not the extent or depth it was in high school. So moving here, that is definitely something I am earnestly seeking and praying for.) Then when I got home, Seth was skyping our friends Easton and Brittany and we got to catch up with them! So fun!
The Lord has definitely been providing for us here left and right. I have been so blessed by relationships and community that he has already surrounded us with. Even though I sometimes get discouraged, I know the Lord never fails to give us what we need. Holding on to that promise this week. Thanks for reading!



0 comments:
Post a Comment